Nuclear at a crossroads: Where to next?
14-15 June 2021
Monday, 14 June 2021
09:45 – 10:45 – Opening session
Introductory remarks by Esa Hyvärinen, FORATOM President
Keynote addresses by:
- Rafael Grossi, IAEA Director General
- Adam Guibourgé-Czetwertyński, Undersecretary of State in the Ministry of Climate and Environment
- Christophe Grudler, Member of the European Parliament
- Jarmo Tanhua, President and CEO,Teollisuuden Voima Oyj
10:45 – 13:00 – Session 1: Public opinion of nuclear: For or against?
The goal of this session is to have an open debate on the key issues affecting society today and how this influences people’s opinion of nuclear and energy as a whole. The topics to be covered include climate change, gender balance, youth involvement and the engagement of local communities.
- Moderator: Alice Horáková, Spokesperson of CEZ Group
- Presentation by Atte Harjanne, Green Member of the Finnish national Parliament
- Dominique Mouillot, President of WiN Global
- Meritxell Martell, GMF Coordinator, Group of European Municipalities with Nuclear Facilities
- Alice Cunha da Silva, Young Generation Network
Tuesday, 15 June 2021
09:45 – 12:15 – Session 2: A decarbonised 2050: With or without nuclear?
The goal of this session is to assess how nuclear fits within the EU’s revised climate goals. The debate will centre around the benefits which nuclear can bring, focusing in particular on issues such as climate targets, affordability and security of supply
- Introductory speech by Massimo Garribba, Deputy Director General of DG Energy, European Commission
- Moderator: Kees Jan Steenhoek, Director of Government Affairs EU, Urenco
- Presentation by Fabien Roques, Executive Vice President and Yves Le Thieis, Senior Economist, Compass Lexecon
- Andreas Zucker, Policy Officer, DG Energy, European Commission
- Cosmin Ghita, CEO NuclearElectrica
- Andrei Goicea, FORATOM Policy Director
12.20 – 12.30 – Closing remarks by Yves Desbazeille, FORATOM Director General
Copyright © 2020 - FORATOM
Avenue des Arts 56 - 1000 Bruxelles - Tel: +32 2 502 45 95 - VAT: BE0862.233.493