International Conference on Quality Leadership and Management in the Nuclear Industry
15th FORATOM-IAEA Management Systems Workshop
16-19 July 2018 - Ottawa Canada
Mr. Moerman has over 30 years of technical and Quality Assurance (QA) experience in a variety of areas. He is an NQA-1 Certified Lead Auditor. He is highly skilled in subjects such as Suspect/Counterfeit Items (SC/I), QA, training, project management, communication skills, negotiations, management, Quality Control (QC), and leadership. He is considered to be an industry expert in the application of Suspect/Counterfeit Items (SC/I) and Counterfeit, Fraudulent, Suspect Items (CFSI) programs and processes. He provides facility walk down assessments, supplier evaluations, and program assessments pertaining to counterfeit and fraudulent items. He has assisted customers in the development of counterfeit and fraudulent detection processes, and procedures. He is a nationally and internationally, recognized instructor for counterfeit and fraud detection, and has trained more than 40,000 personnel during the past twenty-five years.
Domestic customers include: the Department of Energy, Federal Aviation Administration, NASA, Exelon Nuclear Corp., Detroit Energy (Fermi), Energy Northwest, Southern Nuclear Co. (Corporate, Vogtle, Farley & Hatch), Southern California Edison (San Onofre), Shaw Group (VC Summer & Vogtle), NextEra Energy (Seabrook, Point Beach, Duane Arnold), TVA – Watts Bar, Electric Power Research Institute, Bechtel/Jacobs Crude Expansion Project (Module yards in Maine, Charleston, Corpus Christi & Tampico Mexico) and numerous private companies.
International customers include: Emirate Nuclear Energy Co – United Arab Emirates- Abu Dhabi, EDF Energy NBB London, Bristol UK and Paris France, Atkins Global London, United Kingdom, Ontario Power Generation (OPG) Ontario, Canada, Bechtel-Jacobs – Tampico Mexico.
Mr. Moerman was a presenter at numerous National Conferences and Workshops including:
- 2006 – National Reconnaissance Office and the National Security Agency, Santa Maria, CA
- 2006 – Government and Industry Data Exchange Program Workshop and Clinic, Long Beach, CA
- 2007 – National Aeronautics and Space Administration Quality Leadership Forum, Orlando, FL
- 2008 – Energy Facilities Contractors Group (EFCOG), Las Vegas, NV
- 2008 – Nuclear Procurement Issues Committee (NUPIC), Cherry Hill, NJ
- 2008 – National Association of Wholesalers-Distributors, Million Dollar Chief Legal Officers Round Table, Chicago, IL
- 2009 – Joint Utility Task Group JUTG Procurement Forum, San Antonio, TX.
- 2010 – Electrical Power Research Institute, Counterfeit, Fraudulent, Substandard Items Guidance Training Workshop, Charlotte, NC
- 2011 – John J Kirlin Specail Projects Annual Project Manager Forum, Herndon VA
- 2011 – Government and Industry Data Exchange Program Clinic – Long Beach, CA
- 2011 – Barton Nuclear Power Customer Appreciation Meeting – Marina del Rey, CA.
- 2012 – Energy Facilities Contractors Group (EFCOG) – Richland, WA
- 2012, 2013 & 2015 – Electrical Power Research Institute (EPRI) Training Workshop – Charlotte, NC.
- 2017, Nuclear Procurement Issues Committee (NUPIC), New Orleans, LA.
Mr. Moerman has received a Master of Engineering Management, Washington State University, Pullman, WA, a B.S. in Industrial Technology, Utah State University, Logan, UT, and an A.S. in Electronic Technology, DeVry Institute of Technology, Phoenix, AZ.