International Conference on Quality Leadership and Management in the Nuclear Industry
15th FORATOM-IAEA Management Systems Workshop
16-19 July 2018 - Ottawa Canada
Conferences are the original crowdfunding, where the thing being sourced is not money, but knowledge. They expose attendees to fresh ideas and providing the foundational building blocks to begin putting those ideas into practice. Let’s give voice and form to new ideas!
Aim: To exchange experiences, practical examples, new insights and case studies, related to management systems. These include the integration of management systems within an organisation, quality management, leadership and organizational culture, the implementation of risk based and informed approaches, safety and security aspects and relevant standards.
Focus: Structured into a series of plenary, breakout and learning sessions, the conference will cover a wide range of quality, leadership, safety culture, and management system related topics:
- Day 1: Three new learning sessions covering Counterfeit Fraudulent and Suspect Items (CFSI), Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) and Commercial Grade Dedication.
- Day 2: Insights from industry leaders on how they have achieved a high level of quality and safety during their career, plus a series of sessions dedicated to standards and regulations, the digital transformation, managing transitions, and shaping culture.
- Day 3: Interactive sessions covering hot topics such as the nuclear supply chain, overseeing licensee management systems, other party accreditation and certification, cyber security and project management.
- Day 4: Discussions around key themes including the structure of management systems, developing talent and proficiency and monitoring, auditing and effectiveness reviews.
For the young generation: Join experienced nuclear leaders and young generation colleagues on 16 July to share ideas and hear personal stories related to leadership and knowledge transfer.
For students: Don’t miss the breakfast with mentors scheduled for 17 July!
Click here to download an outline of what is happening on which day. For more details on session content and speakers, click on the individual day links at the top of the page.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Teodor Chirica, President – European Atomic Forum (FORATOM)
- Pam R Duerden, Environment, Health and Safety & Quality Director – Magnox Ltd.
- Mark Fabro, President and Chief Security Scientist – Lofty Perch, Inc.
- Scott R. Klavon, Director, Nadcap Program & Aerospace Operations – Performance Review Institute
- Sean Lawrie, Partner – ScottMadden
- Hervé Maillart, Vice President International Projects – EDF Nuclear Generation
- Hideki Masui, Deputy Chief Nuclear Officer, TEPCO
- Helen Rycraft, Senior Nuclear Safety Officer, Department of Nuclear Safety, Division of Nuclear Installation Safety, Operational Safety Section – International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- Diane Sieracki, Senior Safety Culture Program Manager, Office of Enforcement – US Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Senior managers in charge of developing, implementing and improving management systems
- Representatives from international organizations involved in the development and/or promotion of management related tools, standards and practices
- Quality management and quality assurance leaders and specialists
- Specialists from regulatory bodies responsible for oversight of quality and management systems period
- Representatives of engineering, procurement and construction contractors
- Representatives from nations planning to build a nuclear facility
- Leaders and specialists from high reliability industries, or other regulated industries